Setting up your account
Professional or Enterprise subscription
Home subscription (non-commercial use only)
On the remote computer you want to control
- Download VNC Connect.
- Install VNC Connect. You should be prompted to license the VNC Server program when installation finishes, but if not select Licensing from the VNC Server shortcut menu:
- License VNC Server by signing in to it using your RealVNC account credentials. (If you have an Enterprise subscription, you can also use your license key, available from the Deployment page of your RealVNC account.)
You can check you have added the computer to your team by signing in to your RealVNC account online and checking the Computers page (you can also remove it here).
Note: If you want to install VNC Connect remotely over RDP, see this FAQ.
On the local device you want to control from
- Download VNC Viewer.
- Install or run VNC Viewer and sign in using your RealVNC account credentials. You should see the remote computer appear in your team:
- Click or tap to connect. You are prompted to authenticate to VNC Server. Do not enter your RealVNC account password. Instead:
- If you have a Home subscription, enter the password you specified when you installed VNC Connect. If you've forgotten it, see this article.
- If you have a Professional or Enterprise subscription, enter your system credentials; that is, the username and password you usually use to log in to your user account on the remote computer (NB: The user account must have an associated password).