This article includes a list of all of the known issues in VNC Server for Mobile 1.0.x.
Device Access & Instant Support
Android & iOS
- It is not possible to start a new VNC Connect session from the system menu. Users must start the session using the VNC Server app.
- When starting a new broadcast from another app while a VNC Connect session is active, it does not stop the VNC Connect session. The VNC Server app needs to be restarted once the non-VNC Server broadcast has ended.
- If the device has no internet connectivity when the VNC Server app is launched, connections are not possible. The VNC Server app needs to be restarted once internet connectivity is restored.
- On tablets, when the VNC Server app is started in landscape and switched to portrait, it is not possible to switch back to portrait.
- Active VNC Connect sessions are ended when the device goes to sleep, or the screen is locked.
- Connected VNC Viewer users are not informed when the broadcast is paused.
- Sending logs from the app to RealVNC Technical Support requires the iOS Mail app to be installed.
Device Access Only
- If the VNC Server app encounters an error when joining a Team, it may lead to the app using Instant Support mode. System administrators should confirm they are applying a valid cloud connectivity token.
- Sending logs from the app to RealVNC Technical Support requires an email app to be available in the Android Work Profile.
- If VNC Server tries to join a team that has no capacity for new devices it does not retry automatically. The VNC Server app needs to be restarted once capacity has been made available in the Team.