If you see this message when trying to connect from VNC Viewer, check the following in order:
- If you have a Home or Professional subscription, check that the remote computer is connected to the Internet. If it isn't, you won't be able to connect. The same applies if you have an Enterprise subscription and are establishing a cloud connection.
- It may be that the remote computer is asleep. It is advisable to prevent a remote computer sleeping or hibernating while remote access is required:
- Windows: In Control Panel > Power Options > Change when the computer sleeps, make sure Put the computer to sleep when plugged in is Never.
- Mac: In System Preferences > Energy Saver, make sure Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off is selected.
- If you have disabled cloud connections in VNC Server's Options dialog, under the Connections heading. Make sure this is checked:
- If you have purchased a subscription but did not subscribe from within your trial team, you will need to join your computer(s) to the new, paid-for team.
- You may have the wrong team selected in VNC Viewer. Please ensure you have selected the correct team for the computer to which you want to connect.
VNC Server should be functioning correctly if there is a green tick (and no error messages) displayed in its Status dialog:
Please also check there are no service issues on the RealVNC status page
If you still have problems, please submit a support request. Please attach the VNC Server diagnostics (VNC Server > Information Center > Diagnostics > Save As...).