You can copy and paste text between computers and devices.
You cannot copy and paste images or artifacts that are not text.
*The device you are pasting to must support the language of the copied text in order for it to be pasted meaningfully. In addition, any formatting applied to the copied text, such as italics, will be lost.
Copying and pasting text to VNC Server
- Copy text in the standard way on your device, for example by selecting it and pressing Ctrl+C on Windows or Cmd+C on Mac. The text is copied to the Clipboard.
- In the VNC Viewer window, position the cursor appropriately and paste text in the expected way for the target platform, for example by pressing Ctrl+V for Windows or Cmd+V for Mac. If you are connected to a Mac from a non-Mac, press Alt+V to emulate Cmd+V.
Copying and pasting from VNC Server
*The text you select and copy on the VNC Server computer will be available to all other VNC Viewer users connected at the same time as you.
- In the VNC Viewer window, copy text in the expected way for the target platform, for example by selecting it and pressing Ctrl+C for Windows or Cmd+C for Mac. If you are connected to a Mac from a non-Mac, press Alt+C to emulate Cmd+C. The text is copied to the Clipboard.
- Paste text in the standard way for your device, for example by pressing Ctrl+V on Windows or Cmd+V on Mac.
Troubleshooting copy and paste text
If copy and paste text does not work, check the following:
- Does the amount of text being copied and pasted exceed 256kB? If so, the entire paste operation will fail, and the last text copied to the Clipboard will be pasted instead.
- Has VNC Server been configured to disable copy and paste? If you have access, check global permissions on the VNC Server Options > Users & Permissions page.
- Has VNC Server been configured to prevent you copying and pasting? If you have access, check permissions for the user you are registered as on the VNC Server Options > Users & Permissions page.