Xvnc - VNC® Server in Virtual Mode implementation
Xvnc [OPTION...] [:DISPLAY]
Xvnc [OPTION...] COMMAND
Xvnc implements VNC Server in Virtual Mode.
The recommended way to start and work with VNC Server in Virtual Mode is to run vncserver-virtual. This wrapper passes OPTIONS directly to Xvnc in order to create a virtual desktop, and in addition runs a default desktop environment, handles logging, and prompts for a password if the VNC password authentication scheme is chosen.
See vncserver-virtual(1) for further information, and in particular for details of available OPTIONS.
The following commands, performing auxiliary operations on an existing virtual desktop, can only be applied to Xvnc. The current value of the DISPLAY environment variable is used to determine which virtual desktop to affect.
- Establishes a reverse connection to a Listening VNC Viewer on HOST at PORT (5500 by default). See vncviewer(1).
- Disconnects all VNC Viewers.
- Generates and stores an RSA private key; force overwrites an existing key. Rsa* parameters may be specified first, in particular RsaModulusBits.
- Reloads all license keys and configuration files.
- Stops VNC Server, disconnecting all VNC Viewers, and destroying the virtual desktop.
- Causes the VNC Server status dialog to be displayed to connected VNC Viewers.