We support an open and friendly environment in our community. To maintain that environment, we ask you to be respectful of one another and RealVNC, act with good intentions, use good judgment, and assume that others are doing the same. You are responsible for your own actions while participating in this community.
Here are some things to remember in the community:
- Be respectful, friendly, and sincere
- Use appropriate tone and language - be nice, don't use foul or inappropriate language
- Encourage others, especially new users
- Share what you know
- Ask for help - and help others
- Provide constructive, helpful answers and feedback
- Give enough detail, including screenshots and links if needed
- Relax and have fun!
Here are some things we do not permit in the community:
- Do not post or link to information that is deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, harassing or hateful;
- Do not post or link to offensive or inappropriate content or content intended to be inflammatory;
- Do not post or link to content that promotes or encourages illegal activities, sexual services or products, or pornography;
- Do not post or link to viruses, bots, worms, trojan horses or other malicious software, or utilize the community to post, link to, generate, distribute or promote any kind of spam;
- Do not post or link to content that violates anyone’s intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent, trademark, publicity, moral and other property or proprietary rights) or which you do not have the right to post or link to. You may link to other community content or publicly available RealVNC content (such documentation, Knowledgebase articles) if appropriately attributed and relevant.
- Do not post or link to content that violates any person’s privacy rights;
- Do not post or link to confidential information of RealVNC, its partners, affiliates or vendors or any third party;
- Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity or affiliation or falsely imply any association or sponsorship by RealVNC;
- Do not solicit community members for any commercial purpose. Do not solicit community members to interact with you outside of the community to obtain support.
- Do not solicit community members for their personal or contact information for any reason.
- Do not post or link to content that disparages RealVNC, its vendors, partners, or affiliates;
- Do not spam the community with advertisements or self-promotion. You can recommend solutions in the community or a relevant community discussion where it provides a solution to the customer's question, however, you must be explicit about whether it is free or paid.
- Do not utilize or interact with the community in any way that violates the RealVNC Terms of Service or other RealVNC policies
- Do not provide inaccurate answers to questions; if you don't know the answer, it's better not to comment.
- We reserve the right to immediately remove any posts that do not conform to our Community Guidelines, without warning. We also reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend or bar a user who violates these Community Guidelines.
To report behaviour or content that violates or is inconsistent with these Community Guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com