We've introduced security measures to make sure people can't sign in to your RealVNC account even if they discover or guess your account credentials (email address and password).
You'll get an email each time you sign in online or into VNC Viewer from a new device, asking you to confirm this was you. Please check the time and location, and authorize the sign in to continue. We won't ask you for that device again, or any other device at the same (now trusted) location.
Note: Getting an email asking you to upgrade an old version of VNC Viewer? Click here.
Not getting these emails?
Do we store your correct/regular email address? If not, sign in to your RealVNC account and change it on the Profile page.
If you're still not getting the emails:
- Check your junk/spam folders
- Add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your contacts list
- If you have an allowed senders list, add "email@example.com" to it.
Don't want to check your email each time you sign in from a new device?
There's an easy way to suppress these emails. Simply turn on 2-step verification for your RealVNC account, and benefit from the extra layer of security. To do this:
- Sign in to your RealVNC account
- Navigate to the Security page
- Follow the instructions to generate a TOTP code on your mobile device each time you sign in.
Please remember to make a note of your backup codes, or take a screenshot of the QR code, in case you misplace your mobile device.