VNC Viewer Plus can connect to Intel® Core™ vPro™ computers that:
- Run Intel Active Management Technology (Intel AMT) versions 6 through 11. Please note that Intel AMT version 12 is not currently supported.
- Have the KVM (Keyboard/Video/Mouse) remote control feature enabled (note it is possible for OEMs to disable this).
- Have at least a 2nd generation Core i5 vPro or Intel Core i7 vPro processor with embedded Intel integrated graphics. Discrete graphics cards are not supported. For a system with both, integrated graphics must take precedence.
If you want to buy a vPro computer off-the-shelf, consult Intel’s dedicated web site. Note it is still advisable to ascertain from your chosen OEM whether KVM is supported and enabled, since it may be an optional extra. Note also that some OEMs market KVM as ‘out-of-band system management’ or similar. To see how to set up and configure Intel AMT, consult these Intel resources:
If you want to build a vPro computer yourself, consult Intel’s product database:
- Choose a processor with Intel integrated graphics and support for Intel vPro technology.
- Choose a desktop or mobile chipset with support for Intel vPro technology and Intel ME (AMT) firmware version 6.0 or later, for example Intel Q77 Express (for a desktop) or Intel QM87 (for a laptop).
For your reference, the RealVNC test system consists of:
- Intel Desktop Board DQ87PG with an Intel Core i5-4670 vPro processor, running Intel AMT 9.0.
- Dell Optiplex 990 Mini Tower with an Intel Core i5-2400 vPro processor, running Intel AMT 7.1.
- Intel Desktop Board DQ67SW with an Intel Core i7-2600 vPro processor, running Intel AMT 7.1.
- Intel Desktop Board DQ57TM with an Intel Core i5-660 vPro processor, running Intel AMT 6.1.
- Toshiba Tecra A11-11H laptop with an Intel Core i5-520M vPro processor, running Intel AMT 6.0.